1. It is a benefit based policy which pays a lumpsum amount upon testing positive and requires hospitalisation for a minimum continuous period of 72 hours.
2. It offers a choice of three short tenures: 3½ months, 6½ months, 9½ months.
3. This insurance policy has a standard waiting period of 15 days.
4. It offers a sum insured between Rs 50,000 to Rs 2,50,000 in multiples of Rs 50,000.
5. This policy can be availed by any person in the age group of 18 to 65 years.
(Content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)